Thursday, April 9, 2009

Long Overdue?

So I start...not start thinking, growing, and changing, but start writing my thoughts, growths and changes in concise, catchy, and hopefully not too confusing ways...for the world to read! Or at least my wife, a few friends, and my mom :)
So what do I mean? Why do I define the virtual extension of my heart, my very identity (aka-"my blog") as I do? Embrace the tension. To invite, to not fear, to never back down, explain it away, wimp out, or compromise- that's what I mean by "embrace."
But tension? As an "already, but not yet, resurrected, fallen mann" I face tension everyday. I face theological tension when the infinite God communicates and my finite mind struggles to comprehend. I face emotional tension when the melodies of my heart are far more majestic than the whispers of my life. I face social tension when the way things are pales in comparison with they way things ought to be- politically, spiritually, economically, socially, etc.
As the switchfoot song states-
"Welcome to the fallout, welcome to resistance
The tension is here, the tension is here
Between who you are and who you could be
Between how it is and how it should be..."

So 'the tension is here'- and to be the man God wants me to be, I refuse to ignore it.

11 comments:

  1. Hey, this is your mom loving it that I gave in to my inkling to get out of bed at 1:30 this morning when I couldn't sleep so I could be blessed with your blog!

    Awesome that you are embracing the tension, expressing it in this format and sharing it.

    I have a blog too. Not too much is in it, but it's called anewsong4di.blogspot.com, I think.

    Lv,
    Your so-blessed mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man-hugging the Awkward Silence would have been my choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam, you are too much...maybe that should be my sub-title

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have one entry and five comments.
    I have 7 entries and 2 comments.

    I need more friends.

    Enjoyed the entry too. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking forward to reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ryan,

    I'm looking forward to getting to know you better so this blog is a great resource for me. Especially since I am frighteningly anti-social.

    james

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty epic Ryan
    I want to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well said. For so many people, if they acknowledge it, this wonderful and terrible tension is simply paralyzing. How does this tension motivate?

    ReplyDelete