Saturday, May 16, 2009

I love Piper, but I also love to laugh...



Hey so I just heard of this new thing called "Twitter." And while I won't "tweet" (apparently "tweet" is the verb form of "twitter"?), I have perused to see what some famous people are up to...

So I searched for a John Piper twitter (right after I found Shaq's, and then Driscoll's- 2 funny men), and I found one. But it was a fake one. Hence the name "Fake John Piper." Now while I admire Piper greatly and his vision, writing, and preaching have really influenced me, I am not above a good laugh from time to time. This Twitter "tweets"witty, sarcastic updates from a mockery of Piper's perspective. Consider the "Bio" listed on the page- "God is most glorified in me when I am most Calvinist in him." Now, that's simply funny. See more below and then check out the Twitter and tell me what you think!

- Phone peddler just asked if I had a retirement plan. I said yes. It's called "death."
-
Don't waste your swine flu!
-
If I had a TV right now I would be torn about the judges' decision to save Matt.. [American Idol reference, fyi]


No comments:

Post a Comment